Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 7, 8, 9. Sickness and Music

Hey guys. I am sorry for not posting anything up for the last couple of days, but here we go. haha.

I got stricken with the dreaded swine flu and I have spent the last couple of days in the bed knocked out cold, but somehow I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt great. So I decided to post today.lol.

In case you did not know I play the saxophone, and later in this month I am playing at The Texas State solo and ensemble contest in Austin, Texas. I will be playing my solo which is one of my favorite contemporary songs which is Paul Creston's Sonata. I will be playing only the first movement because sadly, we are only allowed to play one movement (due to time regulations) but here it is

(note 1st movement ends around 4:05)
The contest is on the 30th (i think, not too sure) but I feel excited about it due to the fact that college saxophone music majors usually play this in their final recital in order to graduate from college (I'm not that good though... I'm well above average but not in the epic beast status range.) any-who, that is all I really have today. I will be posting up the very first song I made officially. I'll be blunt and honest. I think it sucks compared to other people's songs, but it's my first song so bear with me. haha. I still need to learn how to use the effects rack and the special fx thing, all I pretty much did is add notes to VST's (which is ''Virtual Studio Technology'' or tracks that make different sounds) but I did not add super echo or anything like that.

Any-who, I'll ask you guys one random question. What's your favorite genre in music? mine is Ambientish Techno (If that exists,lol) and Industrial. Hope you guys had a great day :)

Zero :)

8 comments: